Kidnapping Lawyer – Upstate NY
Recent findings by the US Department of Justice show that there are many different and distinct motives for kidnapping. Studies show that 49% of kidnappings are “family kidnappings,” 27% are “acquaintance kidnappings,” and 24% are “stranger kidnappings.” With these numbers and the overall increase in kidnapping charges, prosecutors and law enforcement officers are now taking the crime very seriously.
Carbone & Carbone have experienced criminal defense attorneys with 30 years of experience. Here is a list of possible charges related to kidnapping in the Upstate NY region:
- Kidnapping in the First Degree
- Kidnapping in the Second Degree
- Held for more than 12 Hours; Physical Injury or Abuse Sexually
Other kidnapping statutes provide for additional penalties and punishments if the act of kidnapping lasts for more than 12 hours and does one of the following:
- Advance a felony – New York Penal Law 135.25 (2)(b)
- Terrorize a person – New York Penal Law 135.25 (2)(c)
- Interfere with government – New York Penal Code 135.25 (2)(d)
Call us with any concerns you may have at 518-283-1245.